Pursuant to the Office Memorandum No.RI 08-CLOA from Provincial Assessor of Leyte and in accordance to the Assessment Manual, hereunder are the requirement/policy on CLOA Title;
1. Requirement under the Manual by analogy:
a. Certified true copy of CLOA must be submitted or the CLOA itself signed by the DAR;
b. Approved survey plan signed by the DENR Regional Director or a certified copy;
c. Registration from the Register of Deeds of Deed of Sale and other alienations such as Donations, Adjudication per Assessor’s Manual, Annex A.
2. In case this CLOA is covered by an existing tax declaration, the tax declaration shall be presented so that it can be cancelled in case this is a voluntary offer to sell by the landlord.
3. In case there is an existing tax declaration but the declarant is not the person in the CLOA, the said tax declaration shall be presented so that an annotation can be made on that tax declaration and on the tax declaration covered by the CLOA.
4. For the CLOA that are having an encumbrance showing on the face or back of the CLOA that it is not yet fully paid, the encumbrance shall also be annotated in the tax declaration issued and on the other tax declaration, the same annoatation is made since the tax declaration with different declarant is not cancelled.
5. Exemption from taxes of CLOA transaction refers only to penalties and interest, and does not include exemption of payment of real property taxes and certification fees pursuant to an ordiance by the Provincial Government. (Local Finance Circular 1-94)
6. A certification from the Land Bank of the Philippines that the land covered by CLOA has already been paid is no longer necessary as there is already an annoatation to the encumbrance in the title itself showing that it is not yet fully paid, which annotation should be carried over to the tax declaration.
7. These policies shall be follwed for Emancipation Patents or other titles issued by the DAR.
8. Before a new tax declaration is issued, the tax declaration reciept for the real property tax paid for 10 years under Sec.222 of RA-7160 shall be presented or a xerox copy thereof. In case it is a cancellation of old tax declaration, the current tax reciept for real property tax shall be presented or a xerox copy.