Registration of CLOA Title

Pursuant to the Office Memorandum No.RI 08-CLOA from Provincial Assessor of Leyte and in accordance to the Assessment Manual, hereunder are the requirement/policy on CLOA Title;

1. Requirement under the Manual by analogy:

        a. Certified true copy of CLOA must be submitted or the CLOA itself signed by the DAR;

        b. Approved survey plan signed by the DENR Regional Director or a certified copy;

        c. Registration from the Register of Deeds of Deed of Sale and other alienations such as Donations,     Adjudication per Assessor’s Manual, Annex A.

2. In case this CLOA is covered by an existing tax declaration, the tax declaration shall be presented so that it can be cancelled in case this is a voluntary offer to sell by the landlord.

3. In case there is an existing tax declaration but the declarant is not the person in the CLOA, the said tax declaration shall be presented so that an annotation can be made on that tax declaration and on the tax declaration covered by the CLOA.

4. For the CLOA that are having an encumbrance showing on the face or back of the CLOA that it is not yet fully paid, the encumbrance shall also be annotated in the tax declaration issued and on the other tax declaration,  the same annoatation is made since the tax declaration with different declarant is not cancelled.

5. Exemption from taxes of CLOA transaction refers only to penalties and interest, and does not include exemption of payment of real property taxes and certification fees pursuant to an ordiance by the Provincial Government. (Local Finance Circular 1-94)

6. A certification from the Land Bank of the Philippines that the land covered by CLOA has already been paid is no longer necessary as there is already an annoatation to the encumbrance in the title itself showing that  it is not yet fully paid, which annotation should be carried over to the tax declaration.

7. These policies shall be follwed for Emancipation Patents or other titles issued by the DAR.

8. Before a new tax declaration is issued, the tax declaration reciept for the real property tax paid for 10 years under Sec.222 of RA-7160 shall be presented or a xerox copy thereof. In case it is a cancellation of old tax declaration, the current tax reciept for real property tax shall be presented or a xerox copy.

About these ads

About burauenassessor

Local government unit centrally located in the Province of Leyte, Philippines
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

61 Responses to Registration of CLOA Title

  1. how to transfer from CLOA to a clear CTC?

    • Dear Jojit,

      First of all, thank you for log-in in our website.

      Your inquiry about how to transfer from CLOA to a clear CTC? May be it is TCT (Transfer Certificate of Title). To answer that, you must first abide the condition set by the CLOA Title which state that “that it shall not be sold, transferred or conveyed except through hereditary succession, or to the Government, or to the Land Bank of the Philippines, or to the other qualified beneficiaries for a period of ten (10) years.” You must wait first the completion on the prohibition period of ten (10) years before you can transfer the title.

      Secondly, you must submit the following documents to ROD (Registry of Deeds), as for in case of Deed of Absolute Sale document;
      1. Deed of Sale duly notarized and stamp paid from the BIR;
      2. Copy of the Original Owner’ Copy of title;
      3. As for in case of portion only of the lot, blue print of Subdivision Plan duly approved from Land Management Service (LMS-DENR);
      4. Certificate Authorizing Registration (CAR) issued by BIR, this is in payment for Capital Gain Tax and Documentary Stamp Tax;
      5. Tax Clearance Certificate from Local Treasurer Office, this is in relation to payment of real property taxes;
      6. Official Receipt on the payment of Transfer Fee;
      7. A copy of certified true copy of tax declaration.

      Thank you very much,
      Burauen Assessor

  2. chinita1979 says:

    Hi Sir,

    Good day to you.

    I’m planning to buy a CLOA titled agricultural land from my Aunt. She never paid anything to Land Bank nor process the TCT after it was awarded to her in 1996. Would there be a problem if she will transfer the rights to me and I will be the one to process the TCT? Is there a grace period set by DAR to obtain a TCT otherwise the land will be forfeited? Can I get a Certified True Copy of Ownership directly from Registry of Deeds because some farmers kept the original copies and are not willing to share them with us?

    My grandmother also owned a CLOA title and paid her obligations to Land Bank. The agent who is processing the TCT since 2008 is asking her to prepare around Php500,000.00. Is this legitimate and reasonable amount to complete the whole process of obtaining a TCT?

    Thank you Sir for your help and God bless you more.

    • Chinita,

      Thanks for visiting our website.
      Your inquiry is about acquiring a property with CLOA Title. Yes, your Aunt may transfer the rights to you. You will need for prepare a Deed of Conveyance (either Deed of Donation or a simple DOS) and of course you’ll also to pay to the LBP. Under CLOA title there is a prohibited period of 10 years that the property shall not be sold, but since it was awarded in 1996 it is already elapsed. Yes you can request a certified true copy (CTC) of the title at ROD. Just present the Lot No. of the property and the CLOA Title No. to them.

      The cost of 500T is too much and I believe this is not a legitimate. Seek or ask first to govt. offices like the BIR for the payment of Capital Gain Tax (if Sale), or Donor Tax (if Donation),etc.., at the ROD for registration fees and the Assessor’s Office for Real Property Taxes.
      If you have time, you can process it personally so can be able to know the actual cost for the processing of all the documents.

      Engr. R. Mandreza
      Burauen Assessor

      • chinita1979 says:

        Thank you Sir for your reply. I was told that this cloa property has lis pendens. Will it affect the processing of title? Please advise.

      • Yes, it will definitely affect the titling process. LIS PENDENS (Sec.76 of PD-1529) is a memorandum or notices stating the institution of court action or proceeding in court together with the Writ of Execution thereof and the Certificate of Title number of the affected land shall be filed and registered at the ROD. So, there must an annotation in the Title, it should be cleared first before you can proceed the processing of your documents.Verify at the court on what is the pending case of the Title.

        Engr. Mandreza
        Burauen Assessor

  3. I bought land which is CLOA title and I have an Absolute Deed of Sale and the original title in the original owners name. The problem is the previous owner says she acquired another title from the (ROD) . I have spent millions of pesos building a house and garage, also planting coconuts and soon sugar cane on the property. I have not seen the title she speaks of, but I feel threatened by what she says. Does she have a legal right to do this AFTER she already sold the land me. (I bought over 4 years ago) By the way I have processed all of the requirements listed above.
    Yours sincerely,
    Michelle Russack

    • Thanks for visiting our website.
      Since you have already the DOS and Titles, to eliminate your worries better check or verify the other title (previous owner) at ROD. You can check that documents by presenting the the LOT NO. of your CLOA title. If the previous owner saying that he/she has another title, may be it is already CANCELLED. You must verify also at the Assessor’s Office if there is an existing tax declaration of the CLOA title and also to the previous owner.
      It is advisable to process all your documents so that the ROD shall issue now your new title in your name (Transfer Certificate of Title).

      Burauen Assessor
      Engr. Mandreza

  4. Our local DAR/PARO told me when I was trying to process the CLOA land titles into my name that I could not do this because the titles are under the Agrarian Reform and cannot be sold. But on the titles it says that it cannot be sold “before ten years”. In my case the Original Owner had the land for about 16 years before he sold it to us. Title is dated 1993.
    I processed all the papers such as Tax declaration (I paid the back taxes the original owner did not pay-although he signed in front of my lawyer when I bought the land that there were no encumbrances), Capital gains tax return, Declaration of real property and also a certification from the Office of the Municipal Assessor, as well as the Office of the Provincial Assessor that declares the original owner whom we bought the land from was in fact the genuine owner. Also from the Office of the City Assessor, upon my request I have a certification for the purpose of securing ESTATE TAX CLEARANCE from the BIR. This also states that the original owner never declared that land for tax purposes. I paid the necessary fees so things would be in order. I am now abroad and have all original documents with me.
    Is there any more documents that I would need to be able to apply for a title into my name from ROD? Also what sort of title is it called then? (i.e. I want a CLEAR TORRENS title)
    Yours faithfully,
    Michelle Russack

    • If have already completed all the documentations from the Assessor’s Office, Tax Clearances from BIR, and also the important DAR Clearance (if Agricultural), submit all your documents to ROD for registration of your Deed of Conveyance (DOS) and for titling of your new Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT). I dont understand the advice from DAR that you could not process your papers, the prohibition period has already been lapsed. Ask them for the legal basis on why they cannot process or seek a lawyer for this purpose.

      Engr. Mandreza
      Burauen Assessor

  5. Just want to seek your assistance po regarding land ownership of tenants like my father.
    Nakikisaka or nakikisama po ang aking tatay. Pangalan po nya ang gamit nya sa mga ticket sa truck sa pag papatubo. Ang lupang sinasaka po ng aking tatay ay sa batangas kung saan tubo po ang pangunahing sinasaka. Ang lolo ko po, ama ng tatay ko ay meron din po sinasaka. Un nga lang po mas malaki ung sukat ng lupa ng tatay ko. Tulad ng tatay, nakpangalan sa lolo ko ang bawat transakyon sa amo namin (may ari ng lupa). 5 po ang magkakapatid ang mga tatay ko. Padalawa po sa panganay ang tatay. Ung panganay kong tito ay may sariling trabaho at ung 2 kong titia ay ganun din po. Mula po ng mamatay ang lolo ko, sa tita ko pong bunso ipinangalan ung lupang sinasaka ng lolo ko. Sa madaling salita, pangalan na ng tita ko ang ginagamit nya, Ngayon po, napagdesisyonan po ng amo namin na sukatin na po ang lupang sinasaka ng tatay at ng tiya ko at ibibgay na po sa amin ang ikatlo.
    Ano po ba ang tamang hatian? Kxe po pinagtutulung tulungan po kmi ng tito at 2 kong tita. Meron daw po silang kasulatan na nagpapatunay na ang lupang sinasaka ng tatay ko ay nkapangalan sa lolo namin kung kayat dapat daw po na pagsamahin ang lupang sinasaka ng lolo at tatay ko and then hatiin daw po sa limang magkakapatid.. ung isa ko pong tita na nasa abroad ay ndi nkikihati at ndi naman daw po sya nagpakahirap magtrabahao sa lupa. Mulat sapol po ay ang tatay ko at lolo ko lang po ang nagtrabaho and the later on ung tita ko po after mamatay ang lolo namin.
    Sa totoo lang po, wala naman po silang kasulatan na nagpapatibay. Hindi po ba ang may karapatan na magdesisyon ay ang may ari ng lupa kung kanino nya ibibigay ang hatian ta discretion na lang ng tatay at tita ko kung hahatian ung ibang kapatid sa makukuha nilang lupa? Pakiramdam po kxe namin ggawan po nila ng paraan na mahati sa lima. pag nagkataon po, nakinabang po sila pero ndi naman po sila nagtrabaho ng literal sa lupa.
    Sna po ay matulungan nyo kmi na mabigyan ng magandang payo. Itatanong ko na din po kung kanino kmi ppde lumapit. Meron na po kme nakuhang abogado. Natatakot po kxe kmi na baka gamitan nila ng lagay ung ibang opisyal ng DAR para pumanig sknila.
    Maraming Salamat po.
    Best regards,

    • Reah,

      Sorry for the late reply. With regards sa problema mo, sa ownership sa lupang sinasaka ng Lolo mo kung ibibigay na ito ng may-ari ng lupa (amo) nya (1/3 portion) it should be divided into five (5) silang mga anak ng Lolo mo. Kasi we have to follow our law, or else magiging malaking problema ito sa pamilya nyo. Pero kung in case ang may ari ng lupa ibinigay ito sa tatay mo in his name, wala ng share ang mga tito at tita mo.
      Tama pong maghanap ka nang magaling na abogado, yong lawyer na bihasa sa mga legal issue about sa lupa specially related to the agrarian reform cases. And see to it na hindi sya bias to the other party (sa mga tito at tita mo.).

      Good luck and God Bless.

      Engr. Mandreza
      Burauen Assessor

  6. Dear Sir,

    Been searching for information regarding CLOA and your blog is the answer to my questions.
    I am planning to buy a farm lot under Right but with CLOA although I am a bit doubtful about its legalities and the future problem I may encounter regarding DAR. However, based on your replies for the previous posts, it seems fine to buy CLOA from the person who has been awarded. I also realized that it is fine to process the TCT if 10 years has lapsed already.

    What are the things that I have to secure first from the owner (person awarded) to make sure that the documents I need are complete.

    Thank you so much. Your reply will truly enlighten me.

    Best regards,

    • Dear Edz,
      Sorry for the late reply, we are having internet problem right here in Leyte. Anyway for your inquiries,
      first ask from the lot owner a photo copy of the CLOA Title then verify it personally at the ROD for authenticity of the title. Verify also at the Assessor Office if the CLOA has already current tax declaration in the name of the owner. Ask also the from the Treasury Office if the real property tax are paid for the current year. And lastly, has an ocular inspection of the property if it has a tenant or improvements or verify the actual condition or boundaries of the lot. If every thing is okay, contact a lawyer to prepare for the Deed of Absolute Sale. Don’t forget from the owner to get all the documents that is related to the property that you are to going to buy especially the original copies.

      Thank you.

      Engr. Mandreza
      Burauen Assessor

  7. noybem says:

    Hello Sir,

    Magandang umaga!

    Ako po ay nagpapasalamat dahil natagpuan ko ang blog na ito.

    Sir, hingi sana ako ng payo nyo tungkol sa lupa ng father ko na naka-VOS at na approved sa taong 2002 at ang CLOA ay naka pangalan sa Uncle ko. Ang agreement (verbal only) ng father at uncle ko ay tatayo sya as DUMMY dahil ng panahon na iyon hindi pa ako sa legal na edad.

    Sa ngayon sobra na sa sampung taong ang nakalipas at gusto ng father ko na ma transfer sa name ko, pero dini-deny na ng uncle ko na DUMMY sya at gustong angkinin ang lupa. Sa kasalukuyan hindi na kami pwedeng gumalaw sa lupa dahil siya na daw ang nag mamay-ari. Masakit ito para sa father ko at sa aming mga magkakapatid lalo na’t wala kaming proof na DUMMY ang uncle ko dahil ito ay verbal agreement only.

    Ito po ang aking mga katanungan:
    1. Bilang isang orihinal na nag mamay-ari ng lupa, may karapatan pa ba ang father ko sa
    lupa kahit na ito ay already approved/awarded sa uncle ko?
    2. May paraan pa ba na pwede naming gawin para ma restore namin ang lupa?
    3. Pwede bang mag file for withdrawal ng VOS?

    Maraming salamat po!

    Lubos na Gumagalang,

    • Dear Noybem,

      Good day. Medyo complicated ang problem nyo sa lupa. Since awarded na ito sa uncle mo medyo mahihirapan na po kayong makuha ang lupang ito sa uncle mo. Unless may consensya ang uncle mo na they have a “gentlemen agreement” between ng father mo. What you would do is try to visit your local DAR office to verify who is the actual beneficiary of that land. If it is your father who is the actual beneficiary, you can now file for cancellation of title to the DARAB (Dept. of Agrarian Reform Adjudication Board). Also, consult a lawyer about your situation for legal advice.

      Engr. Mandreza
      Burauen, Leyte

  8. ailalilamu says:

    Hi Sir,

    I’m glad nakita ko ang blog nyo, ang case ko po kasi is, bumili ng lot ang parents ko nung naka abroad ako and ngayong umuwi ako ittransfer ko na po sana sa name ko kasi di pa naasikaso ng parents ko maliban sa pagbabayad ng realty tax. Nung pumunta ako sa RD para magpa annotate sana, ang sabi po sa akin doon eh hindi ko maittransfer ang title sa akin kailangan pa daw po ma “upgrade” ng title dahil CLOA(awarded 1991) lang ang hawak ko, kailangan ko daw po kumuha ng court order. Sa pagbabasa ko po dito wala ako nakita nangangailangan ng court order lalo na ang “upgrade” na tinutukoy. sana po matulungan nyo ako. Salamat

    • Dear Aila,

      Thanks for visiting our website. Your inquiry is about the transfer of real property pero ang title is CLOA. If the date of issuance of title is in 1991 it means na nag lapsed na ang prohibited period of 10 years as indicated on the face of the CLOA. Puede mo na yan ma process to transfer into your name. I presume na ang Deed of Sale ay sa pangalan mo. Kung sa parents mo napangalan pa, you would need another Deed of Conveyance before ma transfer sa iyo.

      With regards sa “upgrade” sa title, I think there is no legal basis about that. To clarify the issue I advice you to go to the DAR office, ask them what is this “upgrade”. The best thing to do now is to start the processing of your documents: Go to the Assessor’s Office request for CTC of tax declaration, certificate of no improvement; pay the rpt tax for current year, pay also the transfer fee at treasury office. Then go to BIR for the payment for Capital Gain Tax and Documentary stamp tax. Upon issuance of CAR (Cert. Authorizing Registration) by the BIR, proceed to ROD for registration of your document and issuance of new title. But prior to that you would need the DAR Clearance because it is classified as agricultural land that is subject to such clearance. And dont forget if you have already the title (in your name), you still shall to go to the Assessor’s Office for the transfer of Tax Declaration into your name.

      Engr. Mandreza

  9. Gud day sir, nakabili ako ng portion sa isang CLOA na land pero hindi pa lumagpas ng sampung taon ang pag grant nito. Ang worry ko po is baka biglang mamatay yung owner baka wala na akong habol sa lupa since yung mga heirs niya ang magti take over sa lupa. Ano kaya ang gagawin ko sa situation na ito?Thank you in advance sir

    • Mark,

      Thanks for visiting our website. Under CLOA title, there are prohibition period that the property should not be sold with in 10 years. Because of that hindi ka makapag-process sa pag trasnfer of title into your name. Naturally, malaking problema kung ang original owner ay mawala na, and the heirs will automatically possessed the property. What you should do is to have an annotation sa nabili mong lupa. Dalhin mo ang DOS together with the “Original Owner’s Copy” of the title to ROD for annotation of your legal claim (portion only). Kung annotated na sa title ang nabili mong lupa, wala nang makaka-claim na iba even sa mga heirs sa nabilhan mong lupa.

      Burauen Assessor

      • Rex Ono says:

        Based on the law isn’t it that one cannot sell the property before the 10 years has elapsed? Can it even be annotated and uphold in court if anyone questions its validity since it was purchased before the 10 years elapsed and technically the contract is invalid? I’m just wondering cause I am faced with the same question.

      • Dear Rex,
        Thanks for visiting our website. Sorry for the late reply, we’re having problem in our internet connection just after the Yolanda. With regards to your question, Yes,based on the prohibition on the CLOA title the property is cannot be sold within the 10 years period. First of all, the ROD will not annotate the sale on the title because of this restriction/prohibition. If somebody question the validity of the DOS, yes it will definitely invalidate such contract. My suggestion is since your deed of conveyance (DOS) has already been legalized (means notarized), you should ask to the seller of the property to have another contract in replacement of the first, because of this predicament. Then do not yet have it notarize until the elapse of prohibition period. In this case you are safe, and no one can question that.

  10. Salamat po at may ganitong site napakalaking tulong po nito sa amin patungkol po sa CLOA.
    May lupa po kami sa probinsya nakapangalan sa lolo ko ang amilyar,nakafile po sa RD since April 1990 ang Extra-judicial settlement of unregistered land with waiver of right ni lola (para po sa apat na anak nya kabilang po ang nanay ko), mayroon din po approved advance plan of lots file 1984, bayad po estae tax at may affidavit of publication din pero di po natapos mapatitulo ng nanay ko dahil namatay po sya at hindi po napagpatuloy.
    Anim po kami magkakapatid at isa po sa kapatid ko ay nakatira sa probinsya nalaman na lang po namin na nagkaroon na ng titulo ang lupa namin under CLOA(et al po sa mga kapatid ni nanay) kaya lang po ang parte ni nanay ay napangalan sa kapatid ko na nakatira sa probinsya. Ang CLOA po ay year 2000 at nais po namin magkakapatid na makuha na po ang aming parte sa lupa? Sabi po sa DAR sa Quezon City ay maari namin transfer dahil sa amin naman ang lupa pero ang MARO at PARO po ay gusto po ay CLOA pa rin pag individual at intay na naman kami ng 10 years bago namin pwede mailipat sa amin magkakapatid. Magkaiba po ang sinasabi ng MARO ay PARO sa probinsya at DAR sa quezon city. Ano po ang dapat naming gawin?

    • Good day Adela,
      Salamat po for visiting our website. First of all, yung mga documents nyo na nakafile sa ROD since 1990 ay medyo wala nang bisa because nagkaroon na nang title ang property under CLOA, and still in the name of her siblings which include ang nanay mo but represented sa kapatid mo. You can get nalang all the documents at ROD for your at least personal copy na lang. Baka magamit pa yan in the future. With regards to your inquiry, since wala na ang nanay mo, you can directly transfer the title to you and of course to your mga kapatid.You should prepare legal document para ma-transfer sa inyo, the document is either Extra-Judicial Partitions among sa nanay (represented sa kapatid mo) mo at kapatid nya, or you can prepare an Adjudication document na kinukuha nyo ang share nang nanay mo. To do this, you will need a lawyer. If you have already the document, you can now start the process by paying the RPT tax, Estate tax at BIR, approved subdivision plan, etc. .and then the registration of the Deed of Conveyance and the issuance TCT at ROD. By the way, in transferring of title you’ll need the original duplicate copy of title.There is no need anymore to wait for 10 years kasi directly to be transfer naman sa inyo. Dont you worry sa mga opinion nang MARO and PARO,as long as you follow the legal process sa mga documents mo.

      Burauen Assessor

  11. Hi Sir,

    magandang araw po!
    gusto ko po malaman kung safe po ba ung binenta sakin na kapirasong lote under c.l.o.a.
    1,600sq. m po ung buong lupa,
    binenta po saken ung 400sq.m. at gumawa lng po kami nang kasulatan at ipina notaryo sa abugado.
    – sapat na po ba ang kasulatan na hawak ko?
    – pwede po ba mailipat sa name ko ung lote para hiwalay ang pagbayad sa land bank?
    -anu-anu po ba ang mga dapat gawin para malipat sa pangalan ko ung 400sq. m na nabili ko?
    * more than 10yrs. na po awarded sa kanila ung c.l.o.a ,
    *he never paid anything to Land Bank nor
    process the TCT after it was awarded to him.

    sana po mapaliwanagan nyo ako.

    maraming salamat po.

    • Dear Melvin,

      Thanks for visiting our website. With regards to buying a real property, the most important thing is dapat you have the legal document. It means a deed of conveyance, in this case Deed of Absolute Sale na naka-notarized. In your case, don’t you worry because you have the necessary legal papers. With regards to payment to Land Bank hindi puede pa ma-segregate ang 400 sq.m. na nabili mo unless you are fully-paid sa Land Bank. Since you want to separate sa nabili mo ikaw ang magbabayad lahat sa Land Bank. Sa pag transfer of property ito ang dapat gawin mo; a.) The DOS should be registered at ROD; b.) Approved subdivision plan (by LMS-DENR), because portion lang ang nabili mo. You will hire a geodetic engineer or surveyor for this; c. Pay the Capital Gain Tax, DST at BIR; d.) Get tax clearance from your local treasurer; e.) Pay the transfer fee at the local tresurer; f.) Get certified copies of tax declaration, and certificate of no improvement at the local assessor; g.) Pay the registration fee at ROD; and DAR Clearance if the property is classified as agricultural land.

      Burauen Assessor

  12. Ai-yen Somar says:

    hi sir,

    good day sir! this blog really is a big help.

    i have a concern that ill refer to you below.

    i am presently processing the requirements for DAR clearance which is needed for transfer of title of the CLOA awarded parcel of land to my father’s name. one requirement is the income tax return of the vendee. in this case, may father had already retired since 1995 and thus, does not have an income tax return. ano po ba ang pwedeng replacement kung walang income tax return ang vendee (my father in this case).

    the CLOA was awarded last 2001 and the Deed of Sale was notarized last 2003 and the CAR was already issued. will this DEED of SALE still enforceable considering na hindi umabot ng 10 years prohibition pero nabili na ng father ko ang pupa?

    thanks a lot po.

    • Dear Ai-yen,

      Good day and thanks for visiting our website. Your concern is all about the CLOA title and the prohibition of it. For your first concern is the DAR requirement about the income tax return of your father which is the vendee. I believe the income tax return is not one of the requirement in getting the DAR clearance. The ITR is only requirement in BIR because of the TIN which is needed in payment of capital gain tax at that office (BIR). For what purpose of the ITR is in requirement at DAR. The concern only of DAR is for issuance of clearance certificate is that the property owner has not exceed the land ownership of more than 5 hectares. Ask them (the DAR) on the legal basis for the requirement of ITR. And the last concern is the prohibition of 10 years; in this case the notarization is within the prohibition period, medyo you have a problem on this. In your submission of documents to ROD, your DOS will not be accepted even though that you have already the CAR. It cannot be used as primary documents in transferring the ownership, because it will violate the provision in the CLOA. What you should do is to prepare another DOS (just copy the original DOS) and then have it notarized this year (2014). For this, the period has already lapsed of 10 years.

      Burauen Assessor

  13. hello sir good day!!! tanong lang po ako kasi meron sana kming lupa na bibilhin kaso cloa sya ,ano ano po ba ang dapat naming unahing gawin para makuhaan sya ng legal papers,un mayhawak po nyan ngaun ay sabi nya po award daw iyon sa kanila…maitanong ko po kailangan po bago naming sya bilhin may papers na hawak un may ari o kami na pupunta sa cloa mismo.slamat po

    • Dear Melyn’

      Just read two posts or emails today and thank you for visiting our website. CLOA ay titulo na issued by the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR). Ito ay isang title sa lupa na inaward specially para sa mga tenant na wala pang lupa. Ito ay isang programa sa agriculture sa panahon pa ni Presidenting Marcos. Para sa mga katanungan mo before bilhin mo ang lupa, you have to verify first the following; First, ask a photocopy of the CLOA Title from the owner, have it verify at the Registry of Deeds (ROD) for the authenticity and other annotation; Second, ask sa may ari ng lupa kung bayad na ba ito sa Land Bank, kung bayad na get all the receipts, kung wala pa verify at your local Land Bank kung magkano pa ang outstanding balance; Third, verify also at your local Assessor’s Office kung may tax declaration na ito, at the same e-verify din kung bayad na po ito sa mga annual buwis sa local treasurer’s office; and the last is you should visit or you should go to where is the property is. Tingnan mo ang lugar kung wala po itong problema na property especially to the adjoining boundaries. Kung okay na po itong lahat, you can contact a lawyer para gumawa ng legal na documento o Deed of Absolute Sale (DOS). Please take note na ang CLOA ay may 10 years na prohibition period na hindi ito ay puede maibenta.

      Burauen Assessor

  14. good day po!
    tanong ko lang po sana kung sapat lang ang sinisingil ng processor sa binibili namin lupa. ang case po ng lupa ay CLOA pero above ten years na. dalawa yung titulo nila so kailangan pa cancel ung isa. eto po ang sinabi gastos.
    upgrading CLOA to TCT – 35,000
    BIR- 6,000
    Register to ROD- 5,000
    survey- 6500
    cancellation – 2000

    • Dear Jordan,
      Thanks also for visiting our website. Your inquiry ay about sa processing of documents for new title (TCT) kung sapat ba ang sinisingil ng processor (aka: Fixer). Actually in our office deni-discourage namin ang amin mga real property owner/tax payer na hindi kumuha ng fixer, dahil tataga-in lang kayo sa singil nila. Usually it is more than twice ang singil nila kaysa kayo na mismong personal na magprocess. Very simple lang ang pagprocess ng mga dokomento, ganito lang ang gawin mo; Ang una mong pupuntahang office ay ang Assessor/Treasury Office- pay the RPT tax, get CTC of tax declaration, certificate of no improvement; Pangalawa sa BIR- kung DOS ang dokumento mo you must pay the Capital Gain Tax (6%), Documentary Stamp Tax (1.5%). The basis for the computation ay basi sa amount sa DOS, sa Market Value sa tax declaration at sa Zonal Value ng BIR which ever is the highest; at kung ExtraJudicial Settlement with Sale ang dokumento mo babayaran mo naman ang Estate Tax. If tapos na kayo sa BIR bibigyan kayo ng CAR (Certificate Authorizing Registration), then after this pupunta kayo sa ROD (Regsitry of Deeds) for registration sa mga documents mo at issuance of title. With regards sa survey, it depends kung ano ang gusto mong ipagawa sa surveyor; relocation survey (masmababa ang price nito); approved subdivision plan/survey (price is Ph 8000-up per lot depende sa layo).
      Basi sa ibinigay mong data (price), talagang mataas. My advice better ikaw na mismo ang mag process.

  15. Good Day po sir!
    Ask ko lang po kung yung may ari ng CLOA ay matandang dalaga. Then may pamangkin sya inalagaan at ngaun sya ang nagbibigay ng tulong sa kanya. Gusto nya ipamana sa pamangkin yung lupa kaso 5 years pa lang simula ng award sa kanya yung CLOA. Yung lupa na ipapamana nya sa pamangkin ay kailangan hatiin pa sa 2 kasi ibinenta na yung isang lote pero di naman malipat kasi nga under ng CLOA. ngaun masasakitin na yung mayari. Gusto na ipamana sa pamangkin kasi madami sya kapatid at iba pamangkin na maari magmana. ngunit yung bata na lumaki sa kanya at ngsusuporta ang gusto nya pamanahan. Ano po ba dapat nya gawin. Maraming salamat po.

    • Dear Jeffrie,
      Salamat sa pagbisita mo sa amin website. Ang tanong mo kung ano ang gagawin sa may ari ng lupa o sino ba ang kanyang pagpapamanahan? Actually Jeffrie, it is the discretion of the property owner kung sino ang kanyang gustong bigyan ng lupa. In this case na meron nag aalaga sa kanya, ang gusto nya sa pamangking na nag aalaga sa kanya. So, ano ang dapat gawin. Dapat gumawa kayo ng Deed of Donation na ang lakahating parte ay ibinibigay sa pamangkin nya. For this, mag konsulta kayo ng abogado para maprepare ang mga legal documents.


  16. Vima Pasaylo says:

    Hi. I am glad I found this website. I am really lost and need your expertise. My grandparents owned four parcels of land that we have inherited. My grandparents were in possession of the properties until they passed away. To present, my mom and her siblings are still in possession of the property. We have been consistently paying the yearly taxes and the tax declarations are in my grandfather’s name. I recently looked into the the tiles of the said prperties and I was shocked to find that my grandparents’ titles were cancelled and that a CLOA TCT was issued in 1994 to another person we do not even know. I did my readings online and I am under the imoression that this was a DAR issuance. How was this posible? How is DAr able to arbitrarily award the hard earned properties of my grandparents without properly compensating them! In case you are curious, We have not received a single centavo from DAR/Land Bank of the Philippines. How do we go with the restoration, if posible, of the original title? Ishis even viable. It has been 20 years since the issuance of the CLOA TCT. I need this resolved but I do not know how. really hoping for your advise.

    • Dear Vima,
      Thank you for visiting our website. Yes, your correct if it is CLOA title it is issued by the DAR. The issuance of CLOA title is by the virtue of PD-27, it is a law during the Marcos time which is the emancipation of farmers (for those tilling the land that they are not owned). It is awarded to them. There are several amendments already of this law and with the present regulations of the DAR, the owner of the land is authorized only to have 5 hectares, while their sibling is 3 hectares each only.

      I believe the DAR has sent to your grandparents or administrator of your property a “notice of coverage”. This documents is the formal letter from the DAR informing that the landholdings of your grandparents has been subject for coverage. In the process, your grandparents should therefore apply for “retention of the property”. Since it is long time ago of the issuance of the title, you’re real have a problem on this. My advice is, you should hire/consult a lawyer to file for the annulment of the titles at the DARAB. But prior to this, you should get first important documents such as Tax Declarations, receipts of the payment real property taxes, and certified true copies of titles issued by DAR. You can get a copies of the CLOA titles at ROD, and request also of that office all the transfer/attachment documents prior to issuance of titles. They have all the files and this very important documents, with this, you would be able to know on why it is awarded to other persons and this would be the basis for filing for petition for annulment of title. And lastly, if you have already the documents, make a formal request/inquiry to the Land Bank if they have already released the compensatory amount of the property and who is the beneficiaries.


  17. Show Room says:

    gud pm po….happy po ako at nahanap ko ung blog site nyo nato….
    mag ask lang po sana ako ng some info
    im ariel…may nabili po kasi kaming lot na under cloa title pero na i award po sa kanila ay nung 1986..agricultural po xa… ngayon.sabi po kasi saming nung tenant na wala na daw po kaming aalahanin sa land bank gawa ng ung nabili po naming portion ng lote nila ay bayad na po sa land bank..un lang daw po na portion ang binayaran nila sa land bank..may pinakita din po silang receipt samin.ang lote po kasi nila ay 4000sq meter…ay binenta po samin ay ung 500 sq meter…tama po bang wala na kaming iicipin pa sa land bank?hindi po ba kami magkakaproblema sa landbank?pwede po ba namin ma pa tituluhan sa name namin ung portion ng lote na nabili namin?ano ano po ba dapat naming gawin…deed of sale…notarized…lang po ang documents na hawak ko at kasulatan sa baranggay..sana po mapaliwanagan nyo po ako…
    thankyou po…god bless

    • Dear Ariel,
      Salamat po sa pagbisita mo sa aming website. Meron ka pangpag-iisipan dahil ang hawak mo lang mga documents ay ang DOS at sa brgy. You still need na iparehistro ang DOS mo sa Registry of Deeds. To do that, first you have to check sa Land Bank kung totoo bang ok na ang mga payment doon. Request for certification na fully paid na sila. Then pumunta ka sa local assessor nyo,magpa compute ka sa realty tax at bayaran mo sa treasury office. Humingi ka sa kanila ng mga tax clearnces. Secondly, go to BIR para bayaran mo ang Capital Gain Tax at Documentary Stamp Tax, after this pupunta kana sa Registry of Deeds (ROD) for registration sa DOS mo. But, prior to this kailangan mag pa survey ka sa nabili mong 500 sq.m. Dahil portion lang ito at ang pangalan sa survey mo ay “Approved Subdivision Plan” with approval sa Land Management Service (LMS-DERN). Kung ok na ang lahat (it means meron ka nang title in your name), babalik ka pa sa Assessor Office para naman magpagawa ka nang iyong tax declaration. Then be reminded na you have an obligation to pay your annual real property tax.

      Burauen Assessor

      • Show Room says:

        thanks po sa reply nyo…..
        pwede po ba kaming magbayad kahit saang branch ng mga assesor at bir?kasi ung lote ay sa silang…pero mlapit lang po kami sa sta rosa at merun din po mga branch don…nalito lang po ako sir,…ung tungkol po sa survey…kanino po ba kami lalapit para sa pagpapasurvey?anong sangay po ng ahensya?at may isa pa po akong concern…ung lupa po kasi na un ay ilang hectares na hinati hati sa mga tenant…tapos ung isa pong tenant ay nagbenta samin nung portion na 500 sq meter…nagyon po nagpunta po kami sa Registry of deeds at ang sabi po samin ay may pending case po ung cloa title na un gawa ng hinahabol po un ng apo nung dating may ari…pero nakalagay po sa binigay samin duon ay Transfer Certificate of Title….tapos dumerecho po kami ng DAR ng trece matirez….pinakita namin sa legal counsel ng DAR ung hawak namin papeles na binigay ng ROD…sabi samin wala naman daw pong problema duon gawa ng naka transfer na daw ung title…nalito po kami sa sagot ng ROD at ang ROD sabi may pending case at ang DAR naman ay ok naman daw walang problema..hinge lang po ako ng opinyon sa inyo…
        maraming salamat po…..

      • In reply to your mga tanong: Ang pag bayad ng real property tax ay hindi puede kahit saan lang. Dapat doon ka mismo kung saan lugar ang lupa mong na-erehistro sa Assessor. For example, kung sa Silang ang location ng lupa mo doon ka magbabayad ng buwis. One more thing, ang Assessor ay hindi doon nagbabayad ng buwis, sila lang ang nag-cocompute sa assessed value ng property. Sa Treasury Office ka magbabayad dahil sila ang may legal authority to collect and accept payment sa realty taxes. Sa BIR payment naman, doon din po sa sa malapit na BIR Office kung saan ang location ng lupa mo.But it is usually sa BIR sa City’s or sa kanilang regional office. But, try lang to ask sa local BIR ninyo kung they will compute and accept payment. With regards to survey works, maghahanap ka nang “private surveyor” or “Geodetic Engineer” para mag conduct ng subdivision survey. Ang pangalan sa survey plan as “Approved Subdivision Plan” na permado ng surveyor at approved ng Land Management Service (LMS) ng DENR. Magbabayad ka lang sa surveyor at sila na lang ang bahalang magsubsubmit sa LMS-DENR for approval. After that, request a copies (blue print) of the approved survey plan.
        With regards sa last question mo, medyo magkakaproblema ka dito if kung totoong may pending case ang CLOAng naibenta sa iyo. Dahil kung may pending case, hindi ka makakapag transfer sa nabili mong lupa until such time na maresolve positively (in favor to the CLOA owner) ang result sa court decision. You have to ask again or verify at ROD, kung saan court na file yong case; ask din po kung may adverse claim na nafile sa ROD, if they have, ask for a copy; verify also sa kanila (ROD) kung may annotation sa original CLOA Title. Parte naman sa sinabi ng DAR, “na walang problema na daw dahil ito ay natransfer na yung title”. It means na ang title ay naitransfer na sa beneficial owner based on DAR law. So, they have legal documents to support the issuance of title. Pero, it does not meant that no one na mag keclaim or mag pafile ng case to claim a certain share of that property, as for in this case ang isang apo. I beleive that if meron talagang pending case, ang DAR ay tatawagin ng courte and defend the issuance of CLOA title, dahil ang DAR naman ang nagbigay sa title na ito. So, upon gathering of all the information, dapat mag consult ka ng lawyer or counsel, para he will advice you on the legal matters so that your rights on that property is protected especially the financial aspect.


  18. hello salamat nahanap ko ang blog nyo.may itanong po ako ? ito ang probelma po ng kapatid ko binigyan na sya ng certificate of title from cloa ,since year 2000 at ngayon ang may ari ng lupa gusto nya ibenta ulit sa kapatid ko.paano na naka umpisa bayad na po ang kapatid ko sa land bank and taxes since na award sa kanya ang lupa puide pa ba ng may ari yan makuha nya ang land nya sa brother ko .actually ang lupa yan nerented ng ama namin sa may ari noong 1970 at namatay ang father nmin at nong year 2000 na award sa brother ko po ang lupa .pero bakit ibenta pa ulit ng may ari sa brother ko ang lupa .my papers na po ang brother ko galing ng cloa since year 2000 na sa kanya na po ang land transfer of title. so maibinta pa ulit ng may ari ang lupa na iyan sa brother ko or sa ibang tao?

    • Dear Ivan,
      Salamat sa pag bisita mo sa aming website. Maraming cases na naganito rin ang mga problema regarding sa mga CLOA. Ang ClOA or Certificate of Land Ownership Award ay isang titulo ng lupa na issued by the DAR in accordance to CARP Law. Ang mga beneficiaries nito ay ang farmers (tenants) na walang pang lupa. So, in your case dahil ang Tatay mo ay nagrerent lang, he is awarded to this through your kapatid. It means na kayo na ang may ari nitong lupa, hindi na yong original na may-ari. Hindi na ito puedeng ibenta ng may-ari. In short, wala na siyang “rights”sa lupang ito. One more thing, kung ma-fully paid na ang bayad nyo sa Land Bank, ask or request them a certificate na fully paid na kayo. Also, ask the Land Bank also kung nabayaran na ba nila ang original owner, and ask a certificate na nabayaran na nila ang original owner.


  19. maraming salamat po sa inyong respond.may itanong po ulit ako sana ,ang kaso po ay sa likod ng cloa ng kapatid ko my nakasama na isang tao pero mula noon hindi sya naka pag work dyan sa lupa at pero binigyan sya ng pangalan at mula noon ang kapatid ko po ang nag bayad sa land bank at sa land tax since. paano po ba may kapangyarihan po ba sya or ang mrs nya or anak makuha nya ang lupa na wala naman sila nag trabaho since .ano po ba ang gagawin po ng brother ko po kasi ang brother ko po ang nag work since sa lupa na yan na binigay sa tao nang pangalan at yong tao yan lumayo po .at alam nya po na indi sya naka tira noon at nakapag trabaho sa lupa na iyan so ano po ang dapat gawin po ng kapatid ko po. maraming salamat po

    • Dear Ivan,
      Good day….So, lumalabas na hindi lang ang brother ang may-ari ng lupa. It means na “joint ownership” ang CLOAng ibinigay sa kanila. With regards to the Mrs. o mga anak sa co-owner ng lupa, sila ay may “rights” o ang sinasabing mong may kapangyarihayan sila sa share ng lupa, even though hindi sila nagtratrabaho o nagbabayad sa taxes ng lupa. They are the direct heirs sa lupang iyan. So, para maging sulo na lang ng brother mo ang lupa, dapat kausapin nya ang kanyang ka co-owner at dapat mag execute ng waiver (affidavit) na he’s waiving his rights to the property para sa brother mo. In that way, meron na syang documentong nagpapatunay na siya na ang may-ari sa boung lupa.


  20. once again maraming salamat po sa iyong respond ,may sulat po ang tao na indi daw sya intersado sa lupa at binigay po sa isang tao ang lupa sa case po ng sulat walang notary ng ng lawyer nga binigay nya sa tao ano po ang gagawin ng kapatid ko 3 hec din po yon so indi na makuha ng kapatid ko po ang bayad sa land bank at taxes po maraming salamat

    • Dear Ivan,
      So, kung ibinigay nya sa ibang tao ang kanyang share, it is the discretion nya as the co-owner per CLOA title. Ang problema lang ang sulat ay hindi pa ito notarized, medyo hindi pa ito proof na naconvey na ang property sa ibang tao. Suppose to be dapat “Deed of Donation” at saka notaized by the lawyer. Kung gusto ng brother mo na makuha ang 3 hec. na lupa, ang dapat gawin nya ay kausapin nalang nya ang binigyan ng lupa (the 3rd person) at saka bilhin nya ito, kung papayag or kung hindi naman papayag wala syang magagawa. With regards to taxes, hindi na puedeng ma refund ang nabayad nya including the payment sa Land Bank.


  21. thank you so much for your help god bless you

  22. dear sir madam,may tanong po sana ako yong pamangkin ko po wala naman pangalan naka lagay sa cloa pero noong 2004 pinabayad kmi ng land bank kasi naka lagay daw ang pamangkin ko sa cloa pero itong weeks my nag punta sa amin [ DAR ]at hinahanap ang lot kasi sabi daw ng DAR indi daw binayaran ng landbank yong may ari ng lupa noon kasi bata pa daw yong naka pangalan sa pag measure ng lupa isang araw pumunta ang taga DAR at sabi ng DAR sa kapatid ko indi daw binayaran ng landbank yong may ari ng lupa kasi bata pa daw noon yong pamangkin ko .at bakit alam pala ng DAR namaliit pa ang bata noon at hindi nila sinabi sa amin ng totoo ngayon lang namin nalaman kong hindi sila pumunta sa amin at sinabihan kmi na ganoon .kong hindi kami panay sabi ng may ari nga ibinta nila ang lupa.hindi namin alam kasi ang alam namin ay bakit tinanggap noon ng[ banko] land bank ang bayad at ang land tax kong indi pala na bayaran ng landbank ang may ari .sa pinakatagal tagal na panahon ngayon lang nalaman ano ang kalagayan ng pamangkin ko ngayon.makuha ba ng may ari ang lupa sa pamangkin ko kasi ang alam namin bakit may pangalan ang pamangkin ko sa landbank at indi nalakip sa cloa .pero kapag nabayadan na daw ng landbank ang may ari malagay na daw ang pangalan ng pamangkin ko sa cloa.please help

    • Dear Daithi,

      Good day at thanks sa pag visit mo sa website namin. Your inquiry is about the payment of beneficiary of CLOA to the Land Bank. CLOA or Certificate of Land Ownership Award ay issued ito ng DAR, ang mga beneficiary nito ay mga farmers na walang lupa, especially those farmers na mga tenants. Suppose to be dapat hindi muna kayo nagbayad sa LB unless na sure kayo na meron kayong hinahawakan documents (like CLOA) indicated the beneficiary of your family. If hindi ito binayaran ng LB ang lot owner, it is possibly na ibigay ito sa ibang qualified beneficiary. Ang mabuting gawin nyo ay pumunta kayo sa inyong local DAR office, ask for assistance on what to do na para maibigay ang lupa sa inyong family, may be kung mga bata pa sila, ay sa ibang qualified person sa family nalang ipangalan. Also verify and secure a copy of CLOA at the Register of Deeds (ROD) in your locality, kung ano ang mga details sa title (CLOA), baka naibigay na ito sa ibang tao. Lastly, for the mean time huwag muna kayong magbayad sa Land Bank kung wala kayong hinahawakan CLOA title mismo. Masasayang lang ang bayad nyo, at saka hindi na ito puedeng marefund.


  23. We have a problem. Our problem is.
    We are the sons and daughters of our parents why is it that we are not stated as one of the beneficiary of our Land in the CLOA? CLOA was being made and issued Nov. 2011.
    RM Rafols

    • Dear Rafols,
      Thank you for visiting our website. You query is all about the beneficiary of CLOA. Under the CRAP law, only those “direct” beneficiary shall annotated in the CLOA title. As for in this case, your parents, it does not anymore includes the siblings. So, don’t you worry about this because as sons and daughters of your parents you have the right as ‘direct and compulsory heirs” of your parents of that real property you mentioned.


  24. Good day po sir, Meron po akong gustong malaman tungkol sa pagpalipat ng CLOA title sa TCT title sa pangalan naming mag asawa. Nakabili po kami ng lupa 2 years ago with CLOA title awarded last 1992, Nung nagpunta po sa local DAR office ang aking asawa para lakarin ang transfer ng titulo ng lupa na isalin sa pangalan namin sinabihan po siya ng empleyado doon na dapat daw ay i annotate muna ng original na benificiary ng lupa yung CLOA title sa pangalan niya o sa madaling sabi pagawan muna niya ng TCT. Pagkatapos po maproseso yung bagong TCT ay bibilang pa po kami ng 10 taon bago naman mailipat sa amin yung TCT provided na meron kaming Deed of Conveyance (Meron na po kaming DOS and Extra Judicial Settlement at pirmado na po ng bawat panig).
    Bakit po kailangan na ipangalan ulit sa dating may ari yung pagpa annotate ng CLOA title samantalang nabili na namin ang lupa? Pwede po ba na sa amin na derektang ipangalan yung titulo ng lupa gayong nabili na namin yun? Saka pinapagbabayad po ang asawa ko ng 19K bilang interest daw kasi hinde nagbayad sa DAR yung dating may ari pero binayaran nila yung mga buwis simula ng i award sa kanila yung lupa. Kailangan pa po ba na bumilang kami ng10 taon simula ng ma annotate yung titulo ay doon pa lang pwede namin ipalipat ang bagong TCT. Hinde ko po alam kung tama po ang sinasabi ng DAR sa aking asawa. Papano po kung hinde naka rehistro sa ROD ang lupang nabili namin pero may CLOA title sya, valid pa rin po ba ang titulo ng dating benificiary?

    Sana po ay matulungan ninyo ako at malaman ko kung tama ang sinasabi ng taga DAR as aking asawa ang kung ano po ang dapat kong gawin.

    Maraming salamat po.


    • Dear Dongming,
      Salamat sa pagbisita mo sa aming website. Yong lupa mong nabili with CLOA title ay awarded na since 1992, it is means na ngalapsed na yong 10 year prohibited period. it is also means na you can process na sa mga documents para sa pangalan ninyo. You have already the DOS and Extra-Judicial Settlement, there is no need anymore ipa-annotate yong mga original na benefeciary sa titulo. Dapat sa inyong pangalan na ang mailagay sa titulo which ay TCT na ito. With regards sa payment ng buwis, ask them sa mga resibo or other documents to support na totoo silang nag bayad, the you have to verify it either sa local treasury office ninyo o sa Assessor office. Ask them also a copy of the tax declaration of that property.

      Your last question ay papaano kung hindi rehistrado ang CLOA sa ROD? Medyo may problema ka kung ang nabili mong lupa na may CLOA title na hindi pa po ito registered. Maraming goverment agencies ang gumawa ng mga “TITULO”, isa na dyan ang DAR, ang DENR, at saka ang Court mismo. Pero lahat ng mga title ay dapat rehistrado sa Registered of Deeds. Yong title na hindi pa rehistrado sa ROD naturrally hindi ito valid. Ang original title ay dapat munang dalhin sa ROD for registration. Malalaman mo yong title na rehistrado dahil meron mga initial and signture of the ROD Officer. To make it sure dapat you have to validate or verify the authenticity of that title sa ROD office mismo.


  25. Jit Team says:

    Good day…what if seller (grantee) of land only have CLT since 1996…and said land was used to pay for debts made by the grantee…. and he (grantee) did not pay for anything at all to get the CLOA? All docs will be filed only now, do we still need to wait for another 10 years? before we can have the CLOA changed to TCT and it be transferred to our name? Or does the 10 years starts on the day he gets the CLT? If CLOA cannot be used or transferred to another person for 10 years? and we agree to his terms to have the said land as his paymenty…What if the grantee dies (hwag naman sana) before the 10 years is over? That would mean contract made to use the CLT (Land) as payment for his debt is forfeited or be considered null and void? I assume that if that happens the said land (CLT) would be transferred to is immediate heir.

    • Jit Team says:

      Good day it is me again, thank you so much for your blog, it is very informative. Such a big help for us novice in real estate.

      I have additional question though, can a CLOA grantee issue another CLOA to a buyer? Though base from this blog and your answer to all questions here, I guess not, since as you have said, “CLOA is given by the governement to tenants (farmers) who till land that is not theirs”. Dit I get it right? I just need to hear from an expert like you that what the grantee is offering would be sort of a fraudulent transaction. The CLOA holder suggested that he will issue another CLOA (as payment for his debt) in our name in exchange for the CLOA that he is holding. By the way, found out that the grantee have the CLOA since 1996 guess 10years prescriptive period is out of the question here.

      So what he wants is cancel his CLOA and issue another CLOA on our behalf. Which from the looks of it is not legal since we are not farmers and did not till the land in question. We suggested that have the CLOA changed to a TCT on his (grantees) name and once TCT on his (grantee) name is available that is the time transfer the TCT on our name. Is there a shorter way than this? Can a TCT be issued to us even if CLOA is not in our name?

      Another thing, we will get only a portion of the land, “Approved Subd plan” is duly signed by LMS-DENR.

      sorry for the long vent and lotsa of questions here.

      I want to do everything myself and do not want to make use of the Grantees help anymore, here are the only documents that I am holding right now.
      1. Deed of sale
      2. Approved Subdivision Plan

      From here don’t know where to go, the grantee referred me to someone who could help us, but he suggested (same as grantee) that CLOA will be issued on our name. Which of course we are not in favour of.

      He (fixer) gave us a list on the things that needs to be issued. I haven’t seen any of this lists on your blog.

      1. MARO Edoresement
      2. Legal Ocular Inspection
      3. Written request to transfer awarded land by the transferor
      4. Certified True Copy of Title
      5. Certified True Copy of Tax declaration
      6. Certificate of full payment of amortization DAR
      7. Certification from NIA
      8. Certification regarding Loans (equipment, production,etc.)
      9. Tax Clearance
      10. Affidavit of Transferor stating that the subject property has no pending case at Darab, or any of its adjudicator, DAR office of the President.
      11. Affidavit of the Transferee on the aggregate area on his agricultural area and non filling income tax
      12. Community tax Cert of Transferee
      13. Certification of the provincial Assessor office regarding the extent of the agricultural land holding
      14. Certification by the Municipal assessors Office regarding the extent of the agricultural land holding of the transferee within the province

      Please help me enlightn n why do they need all the things enumerated above.

      And how can we process the transfer on our own having only the two documents stated above.

      Thank you so much.

      • Dear Jit,
        Thanks a lot for visiting our website. Your concern are all about how to process the documentation of “transfer of real property” and a lot of question about this. Firstly, CLOA or Certificate of Land Ownership is title given to the farmer’s beneficiary, but it doesn’t mean that it cannot be transferred anymore to non-farmers. Once this property has been convey to another person (not his direct heirs), the buyer has the legal right already to this property. Also, the CLOA (Original Title) can be transferred already to the buyer through a TCT (Trasfer Certificate of Title) upon processing and complete documentation requirement by concern government agencies. Secondly, the 10 years prohibited prescribed period; the 10 years prescribed shall start based on the date indicated on the face of the CLOA title, as for in this case which is 1996 therefore it is already out of question. The waiting period is already over, therefore there is no more additional waiting of 10 years. You should process now your papers in order that title of that property be in your name already.

        Another concern also of yours is the forfeiture or annulment of debt payment if CLOA be transferred to the immediate heirs. You have already the Deed of Sale (portion only), as long as you have this documents you have already the legal rights as new owner of a portion of that property. Make it sure that your DOS is legally notarized.In your second email your question is “can a CLOA grantee issue another CLOA to buyer?” Yes.. the buyer can issued a CLOA title but in form already of a Transfer Certificate of Title or TCT. The CLOA title being issued to the beneficiary or grantee is the “Original CLOA”, and next succeeding issuance of title is already TCT.

        And lastly, since you would process personally your papers and by not having hire a fixer to do the complicated works. Here are the processing involve;
        1. Go to your local Treasurer Office pay for your real property taxes of your bought lot, then request for Tax Clearance Certificate, and pay for the “Transfer Fee”;
        2. Go to your local Assessor Office request for certified true copy of tax declaration of that property. Request also for Certificate of No Improvement of the lot;
        3. The next office you should go to is the BIR, you must pay the Capital Gain Tax (6% of the amount in consideration in the DOS or the Market Value of the Tax declaration or the Zonal Value of BIR which ever is higher); pay also the Documentary Stamp Tax (1.5%)and the Certification Fee. Once you are cleared from the BIR , they will issue one document which is called “Certificate Authorizing Registration or CAR”. This is one important document that to be submitted to ROD and Assessor Office. Note: At the BIR, prior to processing of your documents, they will give you a lists of requirements that you should comply.
        4. The next office is the ROD, for the registration and titling of your bought property. At the ROD you should submit the following documents; a.] DOS duly stamp with BIR; b.] CAR or Certificate Authorizing Registration; c.] Certified True Copy of tax declaration and certificate of no improvement; d.] Tax clearance certificate and O.R. of payment of Transfer Fee; e.] The Original CLOA Title (not certified copy); f.] Approved Subdivision Plan; g.] DAR Clearance Certificate: The list of 1-14 you mentioned are the DAR Clearance requirement. Under the law, the processing for titling of an Agricultural land must have a DAR Clearance, this is important in order to determine the compliance of CARP Law. 5.] And lastly of course, the payment of Registration Fee to be determine by ROD. Please take note also that the ROD has their owned set of requirement that to be comply also.

        Once you have completed at the ROD, means that you have already the Title in your name, you must mandatorilly go to your Assessor Office to “Transfer” the tax declaration in your name. For the requirement at the Assessor Office visit again this website. Please don’t forget to pay your annual realty taxes on time to avoid penalty.


  26. Djr Shep says:

    Hello po,
    Safe po bang bumili ng land na rights lang po.

    • Dear Shep,
      Thank you for visiting our website. Basically NO, it is not safe na bumili ng lupa na “rights” lang. You should ask the seller kung meron itong “Title”, tax declaration, receipts of payment of real property taxes, and you have have an ocular inspection kung saan ang lupang ito. And don’t forget to authenticate sa mga documents na ibinigay sa iyo. Kung “Title” you must go to the Register of Deeds, if tax declaration at receipts of payment dapat pumunta ka sa Assessor at Treasury Office respectively.


  27. Djr Shep says:

    One more thing po,
    Sa pagkakasabi nyo po hindi safe bumili ng rights lang po,Ano po ang best way na dapat gawin if nakabili na ng land na rights lang po galing sa barangy?
    Maraming salamat po

    • Dear Shep,
      Good day…can you give more details sa nabili mong lupa. Meron ba itong Deed of Sale? Ano ba ang mga documents ang hawak mo?
      Bakit galing sa brgy? Ano ba ang classification nito “Timber Land”, Public Land”, o ” Alienable and Disposable land na ba ito?


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s